Put on your loosest fitting pants because we’re celebrating all things tacos! Based on our YouTube views, we’ve put together a list of our top 5 taco spots in the area so you can indulge yourself in all the meat, cheese and veggies you can handle. Think we got the list wrong? Tell us on our website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram where you think we should go, and your favorite place could end up on air or our next top 5 list!
5. Carnitas Uruapan: This Chicago’s Best favorite does tacos so well we needed to come back for a second round. They crank around nearly 3,000 pounds of pork a week just to keep you crazy customers satisfied. The meat is cooked in its own fat inside a monster cauldron, then slow cooked to perfection for juicy, flavorful pork.
Location: 1725 W 18th St in Pilsen
4. Martinez Supermarket: Yet another CB alum that was so delicious, we had to feature it twice! After passing out from their 7-pound burrito (you read that right!) in 2016, we came crawling back this summer for their homemade chorizo tacos. The meat is so popular, in fact, they go through over 400 pounds of chorizo a week!
Location: 3301 S Morgan St, Chicago in Bridgeport
3. Chef Shangri-La: Before you say “wait, how can a Cantonese/Polynesian restaurant be on your top 5 taco list??” We have to stop and ask: have you TRIED their Kahlua Pork Tacos and mango salsa? Plus, it’s like heading to Hawaii… except it’s in North Riverside. Pair the tacos with their famous ‘Dr. Fong’ tropical cocktail, some fire twirlers and hula dancers, and you’ll never second guess us again.
Location: 7930 W 26th St, North Riverside
2. Taco In A Bag: In 2015 Pat “Deep Dish” Bertoletti and crew busted out of their food court digs and set up shop in Lincoln Square. One thing that hasn’t changed though is their inventive take on the walking taco. Homemade chips, chorizo and pepper jack make up the original Big Jim- the perfect taco to eat on the go.
Location: 4603 N. Lincoln Ave. in Lincoln Square
1. Paco’s Tacos: Carne Asada doesn’t need to be complicated to be good and the original Paco’s in Brighton Park knows the secret- chop it thin, season with lemon juice and salt, and load it up in an El Milagro tortilla. Hey, when you sell 3,000 tacos a day you might just know what you’re doing!
Location: 4311 S Archer Ave. in Brighton Park
Got lost in the deliciousness? Check out our map!