Top 10 Burgers in Chicagoland… the Update!
In honor of #NationalCheeseburgerDay we decided to give the ‘ol Burger Top 10 a refresh. A lot has changed since our first list in 2015 so check it out and let us know if your favorite made the cut! As always, catch Chicago’s Best every Sunday night at 10pm on WGN-TV and don’t hesitate to send us your burger suggestions on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or through our Chicago’s Best app!
- The Assembly American Bar & Cafe: You don’t survive for 40 years without making some killer burgers. The signature Bionic Burger (named by Hulk Hogan himself!) is a hand pattied beaut topped with bacon, cheese, onions and an insane mushroom sherry wine sauce! Location: 2570 Hassell Rd. in Hoffman Estates
- Rudy’s Bar & Grille: Can you tackle Rudy’s famous Challenger burger?! 5.5 pounds of deconstructed bacon cheeseburger insanity (in 30 minutes or less) gets you a t-shirt, a gift card, and of course, your name on the Challenger Hall of Fame! Location: 69 E. Madison St. in The Loop
- Fork & Stein: The Fork & Stein truck blends craft beer into every dish they serve and that includes their burgers! The Swamp Thing is a mad scientist combo of beer-infused beef and beer-braised bacon atop a “beer-oche” bun. Location: @forkandstein on Twitter
- American Wildburger: Not all burgers have to be beef! The “You’re My Boy Bleu” is a mammoth turkey patty topped with with a heaping portion of bleu cheese! Location:1550 E. Oakton St. in Des Plaines
- Burger Antics: Make the trip to Brookfield to get in on the antics that drive people wild. Elliott loves the Hotter than Hell burger: 9oz of beef topped with all kinds of spicy goodness- gourmet and gargantuan with a side of kick ass. Location: 3740 Grand Blvd. in Brookfield.
- Burger Bar Chicago: There aren’t any limits when it comes to the burgers at this Lincoln Park spot. The folks at Burger Bar load their half pound patties up with pretty much any ingredient you can think of. They stack, you attack. Location: 1578 N Clybourn Ave. in Lincoln Park.
- Top Notch Beef Burgers: When the folks at Top Notch say their patties are fresh, they mean it. They grind their meat on site and keep the seasoning simple. Order anything off the menu, we promise you won’t be disappointed. Location: 2116 W 95th St. in Beverly.
- Monk’s Pub: We’ve got three words for you: chili, beer, and cheese. Now imagine all three atop a gorgeous burger and you’ve got yourself a Loop lunch fit for a king! Location: 205 W. Lake St. in The Loop
- ROCKS: The ROCKS Burger Challenge is not for the faint of heart (or those afraid of heights!). The ingredients are too numerous to list, but if you can handle 5 pounds of burger and 6 days worth of sodium in 30 minutes you’ll be immortalized forever on the ROCKStar Hall of Fame! Location: 3463 N. Broadway in Lakeview
- R-Place Family Eatery: Coming in at a whopping 4 pounds the Premium Ethyl is no small task. Elliott wasn’t able to take it all down, but if you’re feeling up to it- gas up that tank and head out to Morris! Location: 21 Romines Dr. in Morris