Top 10 Pizza Places in Chicago
Tuesday might be National Sausage Pizza day but when it comes to pizza, we like ALL types. Behold: the top 10 pizza places in Chicagoland according to you, our viewers.* Cheesy, fresh-out-the-oven, and downright delicious, no matter what your toppings preference is, you’re sure to find something you like in the list below. Happy eating.
Don’t forget to catch Chicago’s Best every Sunday night at 10pm on WGN-TV.
- Vito and Nicks: This place oozes cheese, pepperoni and South Side pride. From its breakfast pizza to the Italian beef ‘za, this place does thin crust right. Location: 8433 S Pulaski Rd. in Ashburn.
- My Pie: Let’s get deep for a minute. The pies at My Pie pack a punch. Soggy crust? Fuggetaboutit. The sauce? So secret, Richard Aronson doesn’t even know what his dad (who opened the joint in 1971) puts in it. Order a whole pie or grab it by the slice to become a fan favorite with your friends. Location: 2010 N Damen Ave. in Bucktown.
- Chicago Pizza Boss: The wood-fired pizza from Chicago Pizza Boss is one-of-a-kind, kind of like the truck it’s prepared on. Chef Giuseppe Badalamenti makes this pizza to order on a 14,000 pound food truck. Talk about an MVP. We love the danza pizza and you can’t go wrong with the aranchini balls. Check them out on Twitter @ChiPizzaBoss.
- Pete’s Pizza #2: Pete’s first location opened over 60 years ago and has been filling bellies ever since. This old school pizza joint has personality big enough to match its enormous stuffed pizzas. We recommend the Pete’s Special: a stuffed pie with sausage, cheese, mushrooms, green peppers, and onions. Location: 5847 W Montrose Ave. in Portage Park.
- Frato’s Pizza: The adult mac & cheese pizza is the best kept secret at this suburban spot. Tailor the spice level to your liking but be warned: even the mild version will get your lips tingling. Location: 628 S Roselle Rd. in Schaumburg.
- Luigi’s Pizza & Pasta: Owner Michael Maretick’s been in the pizza game his whole life and while Luigi’s is known for its thin crust, our viewers said we had to get our hands on the deep dish. Michael has no problem sharing his pizza but don’t even think about asking for the recipe to his secret sauce. Location: 16200 S Lincoln Hwy in Plainfield.
- Taylor Made Pizza: This deep dish ‘za is a slam dunk. Chow down on their stuffed meat-lover’s pizza for the perfect night out (or in). Location: 1220 W Taylor St. in Little Village.
- Villa Nova Pizzeria: Stickney’s classic pizza joint. This family-run, hometown favorite has been kickin’ since 1955. Order the sausage pizza and house special to help celebrate one of our favorite days of the year. Location: 6821 W Pershing Rd. in Stickney.
- Santullo’s Eatery: Throwing a New York pie on this list might seem sacrelig but Santullo’s does it right. And thanks to their daily special ($2 slices), this pizza place won’t break the bank. Location: 1943 W North Ave. in Wicker Park.
- Albano’s Pizzeria: Albano’s has been bringin’ its A-game for years with its giant pizza puff. This baby weighs in at over three pounds. You read right, three pounds of cheesy, pizza puffy goodness. Location: 5913 W Roosevelt Rd. in Cicero.
*Based on most-viewed segments on YouTube for pizza category.